Coming off wheat can be a real challenge. Wheat and grains are in nearly every snack we eat and for those with busy lives and eating on the move can prove to be nightmare This loaf is known as a Paleo loaf as it does not contain any grains i.e wheat, barley, rye or oats and therefore is gluten free. The texture is a cross between cake and bread.
Also you can add seeds, nuts or culinary herbs to suit your taste.
This recipe makes one loaf:
- 60 gms organic rice flour
- 100 gms organic almond flour
- 80 gms ground linseeds
- 1 tsp of butter
- 2 organic eggs
- 250ml organic almond milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp of organic honey – optional – for further flavour you could add 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Add the juice of the lemon to the almond milk and leave to one side
- Heat the butter until it is soft and then stir in the honey and vinegar
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl and then baking soda, almond flour and butter and mix together.
- Add the ground linseed, the rice flour and the almond milk – mix very well
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin approx. 11cms x 21cms – better if you have lined the tin with parchment paper.
- Bake in an oven 300f or 150 degrees C or gas mark 2 for 50- 55 minutes. Check that is done by inserting a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
- Let it cool for 15- 20 minutes – this is important – and then remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.